Your friends can follow you on Spotify and hear your music. Not only can you learn what type of music they like and play on repeat, but you can also get a sense of what they’re listening to right now. Additionally, you can follow all your favorite artists and stay up to date.
You will learn how to add friends and favorite artists on Spotify across all platforms in this article. We will also answer any questions you may have about Spotify.
How Do I Add Friends to Spotify?
Simply follow the steps below to add your friends to Spotify. If you want to join, you’ll need a username, whether it’s yours or your friend’s.
You should keep in mind that a Spotify username is usually a series of jumbled words and numbers. The username is a random string of text, so people don’t usually remember it. When you open your account, your username is automatically assigned to you and cannot be changed. In any case, you can change your display name, which appears on your profile and is what your friends see once they follow you. To find yours, follow these steps:
- Open Spotify.
- Select the profile link at the top of the screen.
- Tap Account at the top of the screen.
- Select Overview of your account. Here you can find your username, email address, and details about your subscription.
You can only see your username. Hence, if you want to add a friend, have them follow these steps, as you will need their username to follow them.
How Do I Add Friends on Spotify on A Computer?
If you like to listen to music via your computer and have a Spotify account, there are two ways to do so. If you have the app, you can download it, or if you have the web player, you can access it. Just remember that you can only add friends using the desktop app. Follow these steps:
- Open Spotify.
- Visit your Home page if you haven’t already logged in.
- Use the search box in the top right corner of your screen.
- Simply type in “Spotify: user: username” and be sure to use your friend’s username.
- Go to their profile after finding your friend.
- Click the Follow button.
There’s nothing more to it. You will not receive a notification that you followed the person whom you added.
Spotify allows you to see your friends’ activities, which is an exciting feature. A sidebar on the right side of your screen displays any songs your friends are currently listening to. Please keep in mind that you can only see your friends’ activity on the desktop app.
The desktop app is an excellent way to discover new music. In addition, if you discover a song or a playlist you like on a friend’s profile, you can save it so it will appear on your profile as well.
How Do I Add Friends on Spotify on Android?
You can add your friends to your phone just as you would on your computer. How to add friends on Spotify for Android:
- Go to the Spotify app.
- Sign in if you haven’t already.
- Select the Search option in the bottom banner.
- You can search for your friend’s username by typing “Spotify: user: username” into the search bar.
- Visit their profile and follow them.
A simple way to share your profile is an alternative to the above. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Spotify and go to the settings page.
- Click View profile at the top of the screen.
- Tap the three dots at the top of the screen once you’re on your profile.
- Then tap Share.
- Depending on your preferences, you can share your profile on WhatsApp, Facebook, or Snapchat.